My 6 Favorite Indie Makeup Companies and WHY?
In the year + that I've been blogging about makeup, I've been exposed to numerous indie makeup companies. I've decided to share with you the 7 companies that stand out as my favorites and WHY I think they are my favorites. With so many new companies coming on the scene, I'm sure my list will change here and there, but these are the 7 core companies I have and will continue to purchase from.
1. Fyrinnae: DUH. Fyrinnae has such a n array of complex and gorgeous eyeshadow. There is just the right amount of sparkle and color choices- which gives way to "something for everyone." Especially the Arcane Magic line. A sample jar of eyeshadow is $2.00 and there is enough product in the sample to last quite a while. Fyrinnae is also the creator of "Pixie Epoxy" which is a terrific adhesive for glittery eyeshadow and also acts as a "foiler" for most mineral eyeshadow. I also adore Fyrinnae's blushes! Customer service is great, and while the wait time for an order is a little longer than other indie companies, the product is SO worth the wait. I absolutely adore Fyrinnae.
2. Hi- Fi Cosmetics: Hi- Fi was one of the very first indie companies I tried and from my very first order, I was hooked. Based on Etsy, Hi- Fi features an array of eyeshadow and lip glazes, each named for a different song. I loved the Labyrinth themed collection that Veronica came out with last year. Veronica (the owner) is friendly, sexy, and is so easy to work with. Full size products from Hi-Fi are reasonably priced and packed full of product. My favorite Hi-Fi shadows are (among others) "Words are the Remedy", "So What?", "Lithium" "Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll."
3. Evil Shades Cosmetics: I love the owner of Evil Shades just as much as her makeup. Andrea is so awesome. (Not gonna lie.) I first purchased from ES last year when I saw there was a eyeshadow called "Zombie." It's been love/love since then. Andrea produces extremely pigmented eyeshadow and lipstick, which are the most amazing "edgy" colors. "Heartless Queen" is by far the best red eyeshadow you'll ever own. The Deviant lipstick "Stiletto" started my affair with berry colored lipstick with blue shift. Customer service rocks- and the new labels and collections are just amazing. I squee when I think of Evil Shades.
4. Darling Girl Cosmetics: When I think of Darling Girl Cosmetics, I envision soft, shimmery colors perfect for a girly girl. DGC offers an array of eyeshadow, lippies, and blushes. Susan (the owner) just recently introduced new holo-glosses to her line. Any makeup junkie knows how important glitter and bling is to their collection. I am a huge fan of the soft colored eyeshadow that DGC offers, such as Exhale, Scarecrow, and the entire Hello Kitty line. Susan also makes liquid eyeliners which come in awesome packaging! Susan is one of the nicest owners that I've had the pleasure to become friends with.
5. Brazen Cosmetics: I've just recently started using Brazen and I am hooked. Like the company name states, the colors are very definitely "Brazen" and bold. The eyeshadow called "Tease" is by far the best hot pink out there in my opinion. I also very much dig he color "Paradox". I am a sucker for color shifting eyeshadow. Sandi (the owner) loves customer feedback on Facebook and it's never surprising that she makes something because of customer requests. With an array of lip scrubs (Mango Mango FTW) and gummy flavored lip gloss among the arsenal, Brazen (which is based on Etsy) has something for all you edgy chicks out there.
6. Silk Naturals: Silk Naturals is one of the larger indie companies I've purchased from. There is a HUGE variety of products at SN. The eyeshadow is pigmented and gorgeous- and they offer name brand dupes. Such as MAC's "Naked Lunch"- their dupe color is called "Nekkid." They also have colors that dupe the ENTIRE Urban Decay Naked palette, at a fraction of the cost. SN's lipsticks and lip gloss are soft and smooth and smell good. There are several different lippie formulas SN offer. I really like SN and think someone looking for more neutral colors at a reasonable price will also like Silk Naturals.I was also asked to do a look of the week of Silk Naturals, which was so fun and something neat they offer. Oh and did I mention they offer a different "gift with purchase" each week.
See *some* of my swatches below:
Darling Girl Cosmetics